Switchpoint has been working for years to help expand the inventory of affordable housing in St. George. Our dream is finally going to be realized this year–With the help of our community and a generous donor, we should break ground soon! From now until November 1st, EVERY dollar you donate will be matched up to $175K. Click the Donate $ to $ Match Affordable Housing Fund to donate to this project. It Takes All of Us.
Lack of Affordable Housing in Washington County
Did you know?
- 5,600 renter households have incomes below 50% AMI. And of these, most are very low & extremely low income renter households
- The number of income qualified renters for the 25% AMI band is 1,800
- The median gross rent in Washington County is $928
- 3,000 renter households have severe cost burdens and are paying more than 50% of their income for rent and utilities
This data demonstrates the lack of supply of affordable rental housing in Washington County
What is the Solution?
55 unit, 56,523 sqft area for RiverWalk Village
- 9 units with Project-based vouchers
- Units targeting extremely low and chronically homeless individuals
- 33 affordable units for individuals and families
- Rents between 45% & 50% of AMI
- 13 Market rate units
4,500 sq ft will be set aside for common space, classrooms, management and operations